Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Travel Singapore : ArtScience Museum,Marina Bay Sands

19 Feb 2011, Sunday

Was it the 1st of 2nd day of the new museum opening?

I can't remember but there was huge buzz in the news about the new musuem in town. I am avid musuem goer and can spend almost one full day if I manage to wake up as early as possible to be there by opening time at 10 am and be the last person to leave by 9 pm. Perhaps? Maybe?

Well, my feat was there - almost!

Thing is, everyone is saying the steep ticketing price but with 3 exhibits - I think it's the valued deal for money. And of course, admiring the architecture took an awe of me.

From the Promenade Station (Circle Line or Yellow Line), exit from Exit A (or it might be B..) then cross the road and you will see a bus stop. 2 choices, either you walk towards the Helix Bridge or you take a bus that stops Marina Bay Sands (just a bus stop away), cross the main road and into the shopping area (The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands), come through that main building (in other words - EXIT ) and lo and behold, you'll see the new baby in its might. Sheer white. The Lotus aka ArtScience Museum is semi circled by the tall skycrappers of Central Business District as its' backdrop. Amazing view during the day and much more during the evening, it's exhilarating.

Well, am proud to say it's Singapore own Avenue of Stars , her own Golden Bauhinia Square. I try not to make any comparison because each venue itself is different and they have a good share of its own limelight. Well, I love it!

It was a late afternoon and after lunch at the food court, we strolled along the walkway. I almost forget to stand still, stop the time and take a good glimpse of it while feeling excited, reeling to get the tickets.

I fondly called it The Lotus but many people would disagree with me. Some say, it's the welcoming palm of your hands. Now, tell me - what's your intrepretation?

Anyway, back to the ArtScience Museum. It is designed by Moshe Sadie.
His skecthes of this masterpiece are display in the permanent exhibition. Other exhibition on tow (from the highest level) are The Genghis Khan ; Travelling the Silk Road - Ancient Pathway to the Modern World (be sure to get the exhibition guide where the is a checkpoint embossed stamp on all the 4 mini stops in this journey from east to middle east; Xi'an , Turfan, Baghdad and Samarkand) and the lastly but not the least - SHIPWRECKED : Tang Treasures and Monsoon Winds (showcase of Belitung shipwrecked - its' valueable cargoes of ceramics , celadons, goldwares, silverwares - the precious)

Unfortunetly, you can't exist and return with your tickets. After almost 3 hours walk in the 1st exhibit (The Genghis Khan), tummy wants food. There is a place on the lower ground called Sweet Spot. They serve on the go (self service) hot beverages and savoury pies and sweetie cookies. So far, the best hot choc beverage I've tasted - foamy, creamy and full of cocoa goodness that goes well with a piece of dark chocolate choc chip soft cookie. (I know, my heart goes weak when it comes to chocolate and cookie!)

As we finished the last exhibited, we went to the food court for a late dinner. The RasaPura Food Court is located at Basement 2. Food prices starts from SGD5.50 onwards. I pursuaded my pals to try the ice skating but they were the shy lot. Well, reason being - the food court seating area surrounds the rink so it might not be a good idea for non attention seeker. Heard it's SGD10 an hour (with the rental of the shoe and admission), do check them out with the link provided at the end of the blog.

Here are the pictures that I've took from my sturdy IPhone 3G and Fujifilm Finepix JX camera.( Yes, nothing fancy all sort though am considering a SLR in near future...)

Took these in December 2010, 2 months prior the opening.


On 19th Feb 2011 - The 2nd big day! My ticket into the Lotus aka ArtScience Museum. My pals bought the ticket using UOB Credit Card as card holder enjoys 20% off . After discount, it was SGD24.60nett.





And when the night falls...


I've got some pictures taken in another camera, so will upload more of it.

I reckon it wouldn't be my last time there.

For more information on ArtScience Museum Marina Bay Sands, please visit: http://www.marinabaysands.com/ArtScienceMuseum/

For more information on shoppings, food and ice skating rink, please visit:
http://www.marinabaysands.com/Shopping/The_Shoppes.aspx

ps: I am not paid for this write up and hope you readers enjoyed my last weekend rendevous at ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands!

No comments:

Post a Comment