Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 31, 2011

Shopping - My Make Up, My Skin, My Nails with Essence

Hello people!

It's been a while that I didn't blog about anything as I was occupied with my exams hence the silence.

Anyway, I have been up to a shopping spree especially on a new cosmetic line found over the causeway called Essence. I find it relatively reasonably priced with prices starting from SGD 2.00 for a bottle of good top coat with glitter to polish your nails and to the most expensive compact powder block with multi shades at SGD 6.00.

I've tried and tested some of its product - and before we get started, I would like to exclaim to all that I used my own money to purchase all the shown items in order to write this review.

So let's get it started!


1) Healthy Nails
You all know how important it is for having healthy pinky glowing nails.



I find this Essence Glitter Top Coat amazing because it keep my weak nails not so wobbly when I am doing the housework like washing the dishes by protecting it as top coat, strengthening every one of it and at the same time, it gives my nails some styling too - with a touch of gloss , glitter and shine!




2) Powder it up!
Oh well, it should be called Essence Mosaic Compact Powder and not multi colored as mentioned earlier. I bought Essence Mosaic Compact Powder - 01 Sunkissed Beauty and double it up as a somewhat bronzer.


I loved the different shades that they have because unlike the typical bronzer with highlights, when applied on my oily skin this compact powder is relatively matte. I lightly tipped my powder brush on it to define my cheeks, jawline for a slimmer look and over the nose bridge to create that higher nose which normally Asians are lacking (like me!).


2a)Blush,blush,blush baby? This is Essence Multi Color Blush in 10 How Cute is That? This is something that I've been looking for. The multi tone blusher just complete the all natural look with warm tones and peachy color without overdoing it.




3)Mascara On My Eyes
Of late I was disappointed with some mascaras which claimed to be non clumping and non smudging but failed to deliver. So I guess most of the time, we've got to buy, tried and tested before finding and clinging to the right one for the rest of your life!?

For this make up range, I bought 2 of it as it was priced in a notch lower than well known over the counter brands. So why not?

3a) Essence No Limits Volume Waterproof Mascara in Black
It is very moist in first application and you need to reapply it like 2 to 3 minutes later for the first coat to dry up. Well, I have been using it for a week now and yes, I must agree that it is waterproof sufficient but not when you're teary eyed watching rom-com movie because last Sunday, I watched Daniel Henney's Seducing Mr. Perfect and it did smeared just a tiny bit. It's volumizing properties was so-so.


3b) Essence All Eyes on Me - Multi Effect Mascara in Black
Oh baby, it's lovely. It says multi effect - well you name it , they have it! Be it volumizing,longer lashes, non clumping - should I call it multi purpose all in one mascara!? Alternating between the Essence No Limits Volume Waterproof Mascara in Black and this one, I do find it amazing in it's lengthening and volumizing properties but it was tad too bad without the waterproof element because it tend to smudge easily.



4) All that sweet on lipstick and glosses

I was fuming mad when the shades and texture that I wanted was not available over the counter. Apparently, they are always out of stock as I went to several stores to get it over the causeway and into the capital as well. So in my current lipstick color collection, I never have such pale pink shade so I choose to get it & the second reason (you might have guess it) was that, it's the only wearable color left! But I am satisfied with my purchase as it is really moisturizing and I just love the sweet fruity smell.




And something for the glosses if you're just plain lazy over the weekends to put on anything but wanted something to glaze on your lip so it would not look dry and flaky. I find this watermelon lip gloss is sheer in its color and smooth in its texture. Perfect for lazy daisies days!


No make up, make up for lip gloss? Yes, just look at this XXXL Nudes Lipgloss!


Well this might be the one goodie for the no make up, make up look though I strongly recommend to put some color tint before applying this nude gloss so not to look too pale. It glides smoothly, just like a smooth operator!



5) Uno, deux, tres, quatre et QUATTRRO?
It's Essence Quattrro Eyeshadow called 05 To Die For


Lovely nudes and browns palette for autumn. I love the colors as it is wearable and long lasting. Easy to apply. The shades helps to contour other face areas such as your nose or even socket of your eyes.



6) Clean are your eyes
Who likes eyes make up leftover? Me,me,me! This is tough job for Essence Eye Make Up Remover that does heavy duty cleaning and removing of waterproof mascaras and densely pigmented eyes shadows!


Did you see that? The soothing liquid in combination of H2O like in this eye makeup remover makes it much easier to clean your eye makeup. When you soak the cotton pads in its content, just let its goodness sits on your eye lids while waiting it to do its magic.


I normally leave the soaked cotton pads on my eye lids for like 2 minutes or even more before gently removing the remaining residue using the cotton pads in soft wiping motion on one direction only. Do not even try or attempt the windscreen wiping motion! Do it only if you want to see more fine lines showing up on your eye lids!

7) Essence Forget it! 3 in 1 concealer
I find this range's product name calling are just super! Attention seeking as it may be - most of it worked especially this concealer.


I tried this concealer to conceal my sensitive red areas in the corner of my lips by using the green ones. It diffuses the redness. The pink and the beige comes in handy to create a somewhere in between shade for my skin tone to cover up my dark eye areas. Smooth coverage with no caking up or whatsoever.



8) Tone it up! My oily skin just love to soak onto this toner because it says anti spot and anti bacteria toner. It's called Essence Pure Skin Anti Spot Toner & Powder.

Such goodness in a bottle!
If you look at the bottom of this bottle, you see some white powdery sediment which mattifies my skin throughout the day but of course, apart from the usual ritual of drinking up more H2O for your skin , we need to ritual moisturize our skin too.



9) Sharpener - I could not emphasize well enough on getting a good sharpener for my eye liners and eye brow pencils. It is because when used blunt, I am creating more fine lines over my eye lids which is really a no no! Investing in a good sharpener or in any make up tools is a fine thing to do.


This sharpener grips my eyeliner in a tight grip and see how it sharpens it?



Did I get one too many goodies from Essence? You tell me...! Check out their website for more info:

All about cosmetics? Visit http://www.essence.eu

All about skincare? Visit http://www.essence-myskin.eu/en/home.html

Crazy for better nails? Visit http://www.betterthangelnails.eu/en/products.html

Okay people, this comes to an end for my Essence product(s) review(s). I checked out all the above sites and they currently do not have any online shop and their store locator listed stores only in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Fret not people, if you happens to cross the causeway into our neighborly Malaysia be sure to find Essence make up range in Watsons Personal Store. Here's the link for Watsons Personal Store Locator: http://watsons.com.my


Otherwise, if you are heading up to Malaysia's capital - Kuala Lumpur for a weekend breakaway, be sure to drop by Midvalley Mega Mall where you can locate Essence's full make up range and its' skincare products in a store called COCI COCI. Ok, it sounds cliche but that's where you get all these goodies and more:)

Here's the link to it : http://www.facebook.com/ilovecocicoci

Hugs,
DVF

No comments:

Post a Comment