Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Shopping : Makeup & Beauty Tools

This write up/blog is dedicated to makeup & beauty tools (and products) that we might not use or use everyday. It is a head to toe ritual for some on daily basis ; once weekly ; bi weekly or once a month. Whatever is your usual routine, I want to share mine. Also, you can take it as some Christmas shopping tips for your chums who adores beauty too! Here goes!

1) Nail Care - File, buff and shine!
I love this file, shine and buffer with ZEBRA patterns from MANICARE. Exceptionaly lightweight and a cover comes along.

Let's file! This design in zany, funky zebra lines - greyish white.

Then buff for shine! Turn over to the other side and buff it all out for shine!


Many of us, like me do a weekly face mask routine. After the usual cleansing and scrub, I would put  on a face mask that contain clay / kaolin that helps me to deep cleanse my oily prone skin. But not many of us know that our nails need such care too!  Introducing - ECRINAL ! This was bought from Jean Yip Singapore's Nail Care. Well, I cannot remember how much I bought it as it was bought in a 10 times package for manicure and pedicure.Hope is not lost, though. You can visit this website http://aseptausa.com/ecrinal-nail-care-products for some guidelines on the prices/products.


If you look close enough, underneath these babies are numbers. They are steps for application and yes, it is quite tedious but beauty worth the patience.

This helps to strengtened my weak nails. Mine chips alot as when it grows so this helps-a-lot!


Okay-this is my favourite all time nail care product.
Why a mask for your nails? You bet!


Nothing beat some extra tender loving care with vitamins!


This is the top coat that I usually used - OUT THE DOOR Fast Drying Top Coat by INM

2) Eyes, eyes, eyes baby...!
The following product reviews are way too random!
I am coming to the eyes now. Sometimes, it is quite difficult to draw on the my inner lash lines; on the upper and lower lids for the water lines while one of my hand juggling to hold the mirror and the other hand holding the liner/kohl pencil UNLESS you have a standing mirror that sits on the table. I prefer hand held mirror (not that I am short sighted) Well, this product is raving good review from myself simply because I can juggle both the mirror and draw those lines!


Bought this from MUSTAFA SHOPPING CENTRE 145, Syed Alwi Road, Singapore. It's priced at SGD 5.85 and it's really what I called it a PRODUCTIVE product ; it is time saving and of course, mistakes saving too! However I cannot explain more on what was written / printed in the packaging as I got mixed up / lost in translation. This fantastic tool is from KAI-Kai Beauty Care & it is Made in Japan. Amazing patented item and the diagram on the packaging helps me to figure things out - phew!


The next product comes in handy when you really want to draw a perfect cat eyes using your liner without the mess!
Not forgeting the lower lashes or the inner water lines too.
Also from KAI - Kai Beauty Care and yes, I've checked through the web, it's parent company KAI INDUSTRIES with a century plus history based in Japan, manufacturing home and commercial use razors, blades and all  things that are sharp...OUCH! No online website to get it's beauty goodies though. However, there this website http://www.kai-china.com/ that list most of its' beauty care products / tools & its prices in RMB however it is in CHINESE...
I can't read CHINESE - sigh -

Then this tweezer also from KAI - Kai Beauty Care for just
SGD 3.80. The old tweezer's point went blunt so here comes the newbie!


 
We take bath / shower every day. That's what I want to ask you all... How can we neglect our eyes?! The eyes are the mirror of the soul , so don't neglect it.


Pamper it with love and some bath, of course! I am sucker for this because I don't like eye drops and it's amazingly soothing for tired eyes after hours over the computer screen or when I am going outdoors with the dust, erhmm..and pollution..!



So this I take my eye bath with OPTREX EYE LOTION. It contains witch hazel & water to keep your eyes healthy. For more product info : http://www.optrex.co.uk/optrex_range/optrex_multi_action_eye_wash.php

Whoopeyy! This is the eye bath cap. Please read the inleaf instructions and fully understand it prior usage. And of course, this is just my rave on my basic eyecare & it is not a medical recommendation hence when in doubt - refer / seek treatment to your family doctor / nearest GP . This is definately a disclaimer!
3) Hair oil
Martin Luther once said,The hair is the richest ornament of women " I cannot agree more with his saying. The hair is our crown of glory. And it is gory to me to see dry flakes falling over my shoulder!  It made me sad when in recent weeks as I was outdoor most of the time, my strands of hair seems to dry out and it look grizzly frizzy! One of my friend, who adores Ayurveda (ancient Indian tradiotional medicine)
She recommends me to try out the following products - Almond Enriched Hair Oil from Dabur Vatika.
Though it says ALMOND, in the ingredient listing it contains coconut and sesame oil that moisturise dry hair from every strand to its ends. 


I am going to give it a try. I hope this will help to improve my current hair condition.


Next, is the NYLE Herbal Hair Oil.
These herbs are encapsulated in the porous tube in the centre, which attached to the bottle's cap. The smell is invigorating and fresh mainly because there are lemon grass and curry leaves in the tube.


Plus mixture of amla - Indian gooseberries , hibiscus , henna and fenugreek - it's just pure natural goodness in a bottle. I did some wiki-ing on amla and it said to have anti microbial properties and for hibiscus, it helps in hair loss.  

This is the tube that contain all the natural goodness ! Let's see how things goes. (will keep you all updated)


Happy Reading & Happy Christmas Shopping!
I have never highlight more than enough that I've bought these products using my own $MONEY$ & this is not a paid write up 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment